Friday, May 11, 2012

Big News

It's official!!  I'm moving to Atlanta in September!!

This adventure has been about two years in the making...  Or maybe really even 5 years seeing as it technically all started with my decision to follow God to England.  Josh & Shannon (who were in charge of the First Year Missionary program in England) came back to the States with the dream of creating something similar here.  It would be focused on community, discipleship, and mission... Two years ago at an FYM team member's wedding, they told me about their ideas and how they were getting the ball rolling.  I was excited about the prospect of possibly joining them once things got started.  And last year, UnWorthy Servants was officially created!  For the last year, they've been developing a disaster relief initiative called Care+1, but there are plans for more including short-term ministry trips back to England.

I will be lending my administrative "expertise" to the team as well as helping with fundraising and developing curriculum.  It's so crazy to see how God has used the last 5 years to develop skills and passions that will benefit this ministry.  It's like He had a plan or something... ;)  I'm excited to get to be a part of something like this: to work with others to develop a God-given vision for sharing His love with the world around us.

I would love for you to partner with me in this next adventure.  More than anything, I covet your prayers for both me and the ministry.  We know that God has awesome things in store and that we can't do anything without Him.  Please pray for provision during this beginning phase, especially for housing for our current staff members.

While September seems a long time from now, it will be here before I know it.  It will be strange to say goodbye to this place that's been home my whole life, but I'm ready to follow God where He leads.  The journey to this point has been pretty winding, but I can't wait for what's coming around the next bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment