Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Party of Five

I never watched the show whose title I snagged for this particular post, but I wanted to highlight the significance of the number 5 at this moment in my life.

5 weeks from today I will load all my worldly possessions (or most of them anyway) into a rented minivan and make my way south to my new home: McDonough, GA. The thought of all the sorting, purging, and packing I have to do between now and then is a little overwhelming... but I'm also so excited for this new adventure to get started.

5 years ago I was 5 weeks away from arriving in England. Yeah... I'll be leaving for Georgia 5 years to the day after I left for England where I met the crazy friends who started this whole adventure! It's so crazy to see how God orchestrates things to accomplish His plans.

5 important things for my readers:

1. Pray for me as this transition becomes reality. I've never been big on change and even though I'm excited for a new adventure, I'm also a little nervous. Pray for peace!

2. If you're a friend who lives in the area, make sure we connect before I move!

3. Check out the Spring Newsletter from UnWorthy Servants to find out more about the organization I'll be working with.

4. Consider partnering with me and this ministry. If there's one thing I've learned over the last few years, it's the power of prayer, and I would love for you to partner with us by praying for us. Contact me to be included on a regular email update. In addition, if God leads you to partner with us financially, contact me for more information on how to do that.

5. Be prepared for some changes around the blog... I'm feeling creative and a new chapter should come with a new look, right?

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah, Katie! I'm SOOOO excited for you! :-)

    I'll DEFINITELY make time to see you before you leave.

    What a crazy time in life: you are going to Georgia and I'm going to Africa. We HAVE to stay in touch even though we will be living far apart.

    P.S. I told Cindy that if I get an iPhone when I come back, I'll get a twitter too...so you two better be my 2 first followers! :-D

    ReplyDelete